Friday, January 4, 2013

This will be my final update on my research and surveys everyone!! I am very excited to present my whole findings in my presentation soon... I have to say I am surprised at the results I received. Some parents gave vague answers to interpret which was difficult but some gave very detailed information----which I loved! Most parents said that their children were behaved or most behaved at the highest. It came to my mind that maybe these parents weren't being completely honest, however, I will never know that answer! I would think that most parents would consider their children behaved unless they really were a handful.. no child is a perfect little angel. What I did notice is that females have the dominance in families. About 50% of surveys have more than one female and no males as children. So maybe that is why I got the results I got? Females are known to be better behaved and less violent (the stereotypical view). Most families have an Xbox or PlayStation in their household which is definitely not surprising since electronics are in high demand in this century. Children and the media are always a concern for the future of the children--it determines what they will become and learn with what they are exposed to. The media has changed over the years and will continue to change. Once we are aware of this change it is our job to do something about it. There are so many hidden messages that children aren't even aware of yet which leads them to ask their parents questions.. but, why do parents have to explain? Why can't they just wait until they are mature enough to be exposed to such media. This is just a little preview of all of my results though..I have gotten a ton of more information which I cannot wait to share with everyone! I have learned so much about childhood socialization while doing this project and I will continue to do more, since it is something I am very interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment